Create Fundraisers on MEP’s Facebook Page
This means that as a Facebook user and MEP supporter, you can now create a fundraiser for MEP on your personal Facebook page! This is a really exciting and interactive way to put your passion for MEP to work for the organization. As a MEP supporter, you are our best advocate. Simply click “Create Fundraiser” and follow the steps provided by Facebook.
Some tricks for making the best possible fundraiser for MEP
- This feature is only available in certain countries. To see the complete list click here.
- Set the amount you want to raise at a realistic amount. So, if you want to fund an hour of flying time for MEP’s Karen Blixen Camp Ree Park Safari helicopter ($400 an hour), then pick $400. Some other helpful amounts are listed in the MEP Insert.
- Pick a short and clear title for what you’re raising money for. We suggest using our full name “Mara Elephant Project” as well so it’s clear what the money is going towards.
- Why Are You Raising Money? This is a great time to insert something personal about why you feel so strongly about supporting MEP. Additionally, it’s helpful to include our mission or various facts and figures from our website. The website is a great resource for all things MEP.
- Finally, enjoy using any photos from the MEP Facebook page as your cover photo. You can also copy/paste photos from our website or in one of our blogs.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out to our communications coordinator who can answer all of your questions.